Interesting Facts and information about Thomas Aquinas in the Medieval era of the Middle Ages. Thomas Aquinas was one of the greatest theologians of the Roman Catholic Church and was pronounced a saint on July 18, 1323 by Pope John XXII. This article contains a Short Biography, Facts and History about the life of Thomas Aquinas.
Short Biography profile and facts about the life of Thomas Aquinas
The following biography information provides basic facts and information about the life and history of Thomas Aquinas a famous Medieval character of the Middle Ages:
- Nationality: Italian
- Also Known by the Nickname: Doctor Angelicus, Doctor Universalis, Angelic Doctor
- Lifespan: c1227-1274
- Date of Birth: He was born c.1227 at the Castle of Roccasecca, near Aquino, Italy. His exact date of birth is unknown
- Family connections : He was the son of Count Landulf and Countess Theadora of Theate
- Education: The University of Paris. He was the student of Albertus Magnus
- Date of Death: Thomas Aquinas died on 7 March 1274
- Accomplishments or why Thomas Aquinas was famous: One of the greatest theologians of the Catholic Church
- Thomas Aquinas was pronounced a saint by Pope John XXII on 18 July 1323
Short Biography, facts and interesting information about Thomas Aquinas the life of a famous historical
character during the Middle Ages
The story and biography of Thomas Aquinas which contains interesting information, facts & the history about the life of this Medieval person of historical importance. There were many famous scholastics, or "schoolmen," but easily the foremost among them was the Italian monk, Thomas Aquinas. He taught at Paris, Cologne, Rome, and Bologna, and became so celebrated for learning as to be known as the "Angelic Doctor."
Though Aquinas died at an early age, he left behind him no less than eighteen folio volumes. His _Summa Theologiae_ ("Compendium of Theology"), as the name indicates, gathered up all that the Middle Ages believed of the relations between God and man. The Roman Church has placed him among her saints and still recommends the study of his writings as the foundation of all sound theology.
Famous People of the Middle Ages - Thomas Aquinas
Some interesting facts and short biography information about the History, Life & Times of Thomas Aquinas. Additional details, facts, history and information about the famous people of the Middle Ages and important events during their times can be accessed via the Middle Ages Sitemap.
- Interesting Facts and information about Thomas Aquinas in the Medieval era
- Middle Ages era, period, life, age and times
- Medieval people
- Famous People of the Middle Ages
- Important People of the Middle Ages
- Famous People in Medieval Europe and England
- Life and History of Thomas Aquinas