Matilda of Flanders
Short Biography, facts and interesting information about Matilda of Flanders, Queen consort in England
during the Middle Ages
Short Biography profile and facts about the life of Matilda of Flanders
The Middle Ages encompass one of the most exciting periods in English History. The names of famous Kings scatter the History books. But behind every famous King of the Middle Ages was a Medieval Queen or Princess. Who were the wives of these famous Kings? Who were the queens or princesses who married the Middle Ages Kings of England? A medieval Queen or Princess. These Queens and Princesses shared the most powerful positions with their husbands and many held extremely important influence over their sons. The English Medieval Queens and Princesses of the Middle Ages cover the periods from 1066 - 1485. The following biography information provides basic facts and information about the life of Matilda of Flanders a Medieval Queen in England during the Middle Ages.
Matilda of Flanders
- Name: Matilda of Flanders
- Lifespan: This famous woman lived from c. 1031 - c. 1083
- Married: William the Conqueror in 1052
- Important and interesting events during her life: Norman Invasion and the Battle of Hastings
- Family connections / Genealogy: She was the daughter of Baldwin V of Flanders and Adele (the daughter of Robert II of France)
- Title: Her title was Queen of England
- Famous children: King William Rufus and Henry Beauclerc ( King Henry I )
- Facts about her life: Matilda of Flanders had ten children
Famous Medieval Queen of the Middle Ages - Matilda of Flanders
Some interesting facts and short biography information about the History, Life & Times of Matilda of Flanders. Additional details, facts, history and information about the famous Medieval Kings of the Middle Ages and important events during their times can be accessed via the Middle Ages Sitemap and the section detailing the life and times of the Medieval Kings of the Middle Ages.