Margaret of Anjou
Short Biography, facts and interesting information about Margaret of Anjou, Queen consort in England
during the Middle Ages
Short Biography profile and facts about the life of Margaret of Anjou
The Middle Ages encompass one of the most exciting periods in English History. The names of famous Kings scatter the History books. But behind every famous King of the Middle Ages was a Medieval Queen or Princess. Who were the wives of these famous Kings? Who were the queens or princesses who married the Middle Ages Kings of England? A medieval Queen or Princess. These Queens and Princesses shared the most powerful positions with their husbands and many held extremely important influence over their sons. The English Medieval Queens and Princesses of the Middle Ages cover the periods from 1066 - 1485. The following biography information provides basic facts and information about the life of Margaret of Anjou a Medieval Queen in England during the Middle Ages.
Medieval Queens and Princesses - Margaret of Anjou
- Name: Margaret of Anjou
- Married: King Henry VI
- Family connections / Genealogy: Margaret of Anjou was the daughter of Rene I of Naples, Duke of Anjou, King of Naples and Sicily and Isabella, Duchess of Lorraine
- Title: Queen consort of Henry VI of England from 1445 to 1471
- Lifespan: This famous woman lived from 1429-1482
- Famous children: Edward, Prince of Wales (1453-1471)
- Facts about her life: Margaret of Anjou was renowned for her strong, ruthless and dominant character. She fought battles on behalf of her husband against Edward of York was declared King Edward IV
- Important events during her life: The end of the Hundred Years War between England and France and the influence of Joan of Arc. The rising led by Jack Cade. The start of the Wars of the Roses (1455 - 1485)
Famous Medieval Queen of the Middle Ages - Margaret of Anjou
Some interesting facts and short biography information about the History, Life & Times of Margaret of Anjou. Additional details, facts, history and information about the famous Medieval Kings of the Middle Ages and important events during their times can be accessed via the Middle Ages Sitemap and the section detailing the life and times of the Medieval Kings of the Middle Ages.