Short Biography, facts and interesting information about Elizabeth Woodville, Queen consort in England
during the Middle Ages
Short Biography profile and facts about the life of Elizabeth Woodville
The Middle Ages encompass one of the most exciting periods in English History. The names of famous Kings scatter the History books. But behind every famous King of the Middle Ages was a Medieval Queen or Princess. Who were the wives of these famous Kings? Who were the queens or princesses who married the Middle Ages Kings of England? A medieval Queen or Princess. These Queens and Princesses shared the most powerful positions with their husbands and many held extremely important influence over their sons. The English Medieval Queens and Princesses of the Middle Ages cover the periods from 1066 - 1485. The following biography information provides basic facts and information about the life of Elizabeth Woodville a Medieval Queen in England during the Middle Ages.
Medieval Queens and Princesses - Elizabeth Woodville
- Name: Elizabeth Woodville
- Married: King Edward IV on May 1, 1464
- Family connections / Genealogy: Elizabeth Woodville was the daughter of Sir Richard Woodville (later made first Earl Rivers) and Jacquetta of Luxembourg
- Title: Her title was Queen consort of England
- Lifespan: This famous woman lived from c. 1437-1492. She was originally a maid of honor to Margaret of Anjou the Queen of Henry VI
- Famous children: Elizabeth of York (1466-1503) and the two little princes - Edward V (1470- c. 1483) and Richard, 1st Duke of York (1473 - c. 1483)
- Facts about her life: Elizabeth Woodville was renowned for her ambitious and scheming nature and the blatant favor she gave to her relatives
- Important events during her life: The Wars of the Roses (1455 - 1485). King Edward IV was a notorious womaniser. She was the mother of the tragic 'Princes in the Tower'.
Famous Medieval Queen of the Middle Ages - Elizabeth Woodville
Some interesting facts and short biography information about the History, Life & Times of Elizabeth Woodville. Additional details, facts, history and information about the famous Medieval Kings of the Middle Ages and important events during their times can be accessed via the Middle Ages Sitemap and the section detailing the life and times of the Medieval Kings of the Middle Ages.