Eleanor of Aquitaine
Short Biography, facts and interesting information about Eleanor of Aquitaine, Queen consort in England
during the Middle Ages
Short Biography profile and facts about the life of Eleanor of Aquitaine
The Middle Ages encompass one of the most exciting periods in English History. The names of famous Kings scatter the History books. But behind every famous King of the Middle Ages was a Medieval Queen or Princess. Who were the wives of these famous Kings? Who were the queens or princesses who married the Middle Ages Kings of England? A medieval Queen or Princess. These Queens and Princesses shared the most powerful positions with their husbands and many held extremely important influence over their sons. The English Medieval Queens and Princesses of the Middle Ages cover the periods from 1066 - 1485. The following biography information provides basic facts and information about the life of Eleanor of Aquitaine a Medieval Queen in England during the Middle Ages.
Eleanor of Aquitaine
- Name: Eleanor of Aquitaine
- Married: King Henry II on 18 May 1152
- Family connections / Genealogy: Eleanor of Aquitaine was the daughter of William X, Duke of Aquitaine, and her mother was Aenor de Chatellerault
- Title: Her title was Queen of England
- Lifespan: This famous woman lived from 1122 – 1204
- Famous children: King Richard I and King John
- Facts about her life: Eleanor of Aquitaine was renowned for her her powerful personality and leading her sons in rebellion against their father, King Henry II. She was a patron of Music, Troubadours and the Arts during the Middle Ages
- Important events during her life: Second Crusade
Famous Medieval Queen of the Middle Ages - Eleanor of Aquitaine
Some interesting facts and short biography information about the History, Life & Times of Eleanor of Aquitaine. Additional details, facts, history and information about the famous Medieval Kings of the Middle Ages and important events during their times can be accessed via the Middle Ages Sitemap and the section detailing the life and times of the Medieval Kings of the Middle Ages.